Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Reprieve

Sometimes a temp assignment is a gift. Right now I’m working in the interactive online department of a top-tier political mar-com firm. In a really short time, I’ve learned a good deal about how to use, optimize and analyze Google AdWords, create sophisticated and useable metrics for online campaigns, a thing or two about Salsa Labs’ progressive online organizing platform…okay, I know I sound like a total geek. But it really is exciting and educational to be here if things like metrics, data and politics float your boat (they do mine).

And, drumroll please: I got to write a marketing proposal for my favorite senator. Score!

Sadly, this assignment ended today. So sad. Please let me stay here forever! Don’t send me back to endless story pitching, boring admin, or the bureaucratic hell of non-profits.

2 comments:

  1. I was working overtime in the salsa lab the other day when I had this horrible accident. Cilantro all over everything. The whole room still smells like vinegar. It's a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kitchen is often a salsa lab...only problem I've had is jalapeno hands. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete